Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Physicals

I took Zach and Ty in for their physicals this morning.  Zach weighed 50 pounds (92%), is 46.7 inches tall (92%) and has a BMI that I would dream to have!  Tyler is 32.8 inches tall (64%), weighs 31.8 pounds (99%) and has also has a BMI in the 99th percentile!  The doctor keeps telling me that one day he will shoot up and slim down so we will enjoy referring to him as our chunky monkey while it lasts!

Zach was diagnosed with asthma earlier this year and our doctor informed us today that Ty also has asthma. Ty has had pneumonia twice in the past 6 months and apparently that is enough to diagnose him with asthma. The doctor said "kids with asthma get pneumonia".  For those of you who knew me as a child you will know that I was a kid with asthma and pneumonia, so I had flashbacks to my trips into the pediatrician with a nasty cough. Our doctor said that both kids could very likely outgrow their asthma so we are crossing our fingers and toes that this will just be a childhood issue for the both of them.

They are both healthy little boys and are growing and developing exactly as they should. For that we are very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment